Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Journey Continues...

They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....

Well, I am not sure what step we are on but I can at least confirm we are stepping!

We THOUGHT our documents were headed to Haiti back in April; alas, we were mistaken. A couple forms later and we are back in business... such is the story of an international adoption.

Our Dossier was mailed to Haiti on 5-27-2014. 9 Months from our acceptance into the program and our official beginning date. In some ways, it felt almost like a pregnancy (well at least one of mine)! So much work and waiting and work and waiting...

It is now there... in HAITI......HAITI, yes folks that's right its finally not in the US. WOO HOO!

We have probably another 6 weeks or so... before we are officially waiting but you know,  it's totally OK. We have full confidence in HIS timing.

So again we wait and pray. We create memories. We talk about her as a family. Mia Grace and Anna Beth love to ask about "our new baby sister".  Its precious, we cherish it and we get our hearts ready to be "The Fisher Five".

I read a quote recently from an adoptive Mama and it melted my heart... what a powerful reminder it is for the journey we are on. I don't know who our princess is yet, she doesn't know me, but I sure know I am already her Mama in my heart, even as she was birthed out of another heart. What a gift her mother is giving us. What a gift we pray she sees in us, even if she never "sees" us.

"A child born to another woman calls me Mama. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me." - Jody Landers

And so we journey on....
Step by step...
Prayer by prayer...

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"

(photo credit: google search result)

No comments:

Post a Comment